The intermediate module builds on the introductory series of this course.
This module is designed and ideal for learners with basic experience with R Programming language for Data Analysis. Learners are expected to be familiar with the units in the beginner series.
The intermediate module digs deeper into R for Data Analysis and includes the following:
- Introduction to Tidyverse (including pipping)
- Other Data Sources
- Introduction to databases and SQL (connection – ODBC)
- Data Import and export in R
- Data Manipulation – Grouping, Summaries, Filter, Joining Data
- Exploratory (intermediate) data analysis – Summary Statistics
- Data and Time in R
- Introduction to Strings and Regex
- Introduction to Data Visualisation with ggplot
- Functional Programming/control structures
- Case Study
- Portfolio Project